Optimum environment-KM6500

CopyMonkey

Hello! I am in dire need of some help with my IKON 650 (KM6500). I am an end user in a print for pay environment.

I'm not here to bash the machine because when it works it looks amazing. It's the down time that's killing us. We have put in at least two service calls a week for the last two months for a variety of reasons- corona wire lines, color registration, transfer belt slipping...

Our tech has suggested that we need to modify the environment of the room that we have the machine in. Does any one here who runs them or services them have suggestions for optimum humidity and temperature? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

Random.... Help a brother out!

Random.... Help a brother out!

No spray powder if it's in a room with a press. Keep the room temp. and humidity controlled we are at 72 deg in the summer with about 50%-60% humidity. Usually no problems in the winter unless the humidity gets too low.

Hopefully Random can chime in to help, he would be the best for advice regarding the 6500's.

Konica have a q-zone for all there machines. For this product it is in between 40-60% relative humidity and 18-23 degrees centigrade. These are the absolute optimum conditions. But from my experience the environment card is usually dealt when they are unsure as to why you are having problems.

Corona lines – is this a thin white line that goes down the sheet or wide bands?
Registration problems – I can’t say I have had a problem with a transfer belt slipping. I can say I have had a problem with the registration sensor becoming soiled and then causing registration problems. Do you find registration is bad for the entire sheet or just some parts of the sheet?

What is your monthly volume?

Thanks for your replies! (And I'm honored to have replies from both Craig AND random:D)

random-

The corona lines are not so much lines as streaks, especially in 4 color gray. After the coronas are cleaned the streaks go away.

Color registration is off on one side of the page. It's the same side that tends to be more magenta than the other.

We got error code C-4522 and C-4520 almost every day for a week.

The machine has about 700000 on it right now- we average between 35000 and 40000 clicks a month.

Thanks again for your help!

I have replied to your thread on copytech.net with regards to these issues. As far as reply from myself and Craig I think doing a google search for 8000ap c6500 says it all. We should be on the payroll.

I have replied to your thread on copytech.net with regards to these issues. As far as reply from myself and Craig I think doing a google search for 8000ap c6500 says it all. We should be on the payroll.

I will be patiently waiting for a check, better yet Xerox should credit my account, or 1 free month's lease payment!!! :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back