Overgloss or sealer over digital Xerox tonner

BigSi

Hi there, Bit of a stuff up. Just trying to save a long(ish) digital run. Staff member did not have fusing temperature high enough.
With a bit of a rub tonner is coming off. Not sure if its worth a try?. How will a standard offset matt oversealer work over the tonner.
Hoping it might seal the tonner down. Thought I could give it a go on a few sheets to try out. (nothing to loose) or am I wasting my time?
FYI. machine was a Xerox V2100. (not that will make any difference) not sure what brand off overgloss/oversealer I'll try but again I don't think that will make a huge difference either. Your thoughts are appreciated. ta Simon

Hey Simon, Not sure about the offset seal but could you put them through the Xerox again with a black print the in waste with fuser temp cranked up?

Hi Josh
Good to hear from you.
Hadn't thought of that! might be worth a try. I might be able to talk the customer into a lamination if that doesn't work.
Hows business? I have been quite busy.
talk soon. Simon

Hello BigSi,

Not my area of expertise (Digital), but I would suggest you use Offset Varnish /sealer - don't forget if you give the
already printed sheets another pass YOU have already driven X amount of moisture out.

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back