pages size in acrobate

2mira

when i review book pages dimension manually using acrobate, some times i notice mistakes in one or more page dimension -(( which is diffrent than other pages dimension)) in the same book ....................

other time i failed to notice page dimension error
I need to know,---( if there is any way - in acrobate pro (or plugins ) - help me to automaticly catch diffrent pages dimension errors before printing ?
Screen shot 2015-04-06 at 10.41.25 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
You can do this really easy with Acrobat's Preflight (which you should be using anyway to check PDFs). There is an option under Preflight Profiles /Settings / Pages: page sizes differ ...
I do not have an english version of Acrobat, but that (or something similar) should be it.

would u help me plz to know how it work - or give me tutorials link?
and how can it help me more?

1. Open the preflight window
2. (in that window) Click on Options --> Create New Preflight Profile
3. Give it a better name than "New Profile"... something like "Check differing page sizes"
4. (on the left) click on "pages"
5. (on the right) click "Page size or orientation is different..."
6. Change that box to "Warning" so that it gives you a warning if this is true.
7. Click Save

8. Every time you open a pdf, make sure to open the preflight menu and double click that preflight you just created. It will now warn you if your document has different sized page.

9. Get much more comfortable with doing this. Preflight has a lot of powerful options inside of it. Anything from page sizes to inks to spot colors to finding low resolution images.

10. Create your own preflight profiles to do much more than check pages sizes... all automaticly.
11. (always run preflights on a back up copy, so you can go back if you set something wrong)

-Sam

--"how it can help me more"--

Just off the top of my head I use it to:
Find low resolution images.
Find white ink that is set to overprint.
Find black text that is not set to overprint.
Verify Color space.
Turn pdfs into grayscale

Last edited:
I Failed to know how i can told the program page size be4 i choose page size or page orientation is diffrent
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT

1. Open the preflight window
2. (in that window) Click on Options --> Create New Preflight Profile
3. Give it a better name than "New Profile"... something like "Check differing page sizes"
4. (on the left) click on "pages"
5. (on the right) click "Page size or orientation is different..."
6. Change that box to "Warning" so that it gives you a warning if this is true.
7. Click Save

8. Every time you open a pdf, make sure to open the preflight menu and double click that preflight you just created. It will now warn you if your document has different sized page.

9. Get much more comfortable with doing this. Preflight has a lot of powerful options inside of it. Anything from page sizes to inks to spot colors to finding low resolution images.

10. Create your own preflight profiles to do much more than check pages sizes... all automaticly.
11. (always run preflights on a back up copy, so you can go back if you set something wrong)

-Sam

--"how it can help me more"--

Just off the top of my head I use it to:
Find low resolution images.
Find white ink that is set to overprint.
Find black text that is not set to overprint.
Verify Color space.
Turn pdfs into grayscale

This is my attempt to use preflight
Untitled-1.jpg
I dont know why it use three number after point ?
and why he see all files is wrong althogh i entered its size in width and hight ?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back