Pantone Color Libraries will be removed from future Adobe updates

I monkey around. i just wasn't sure what he was saying.

However, I don't edit the original library, I'll copy-paste to a new library that's specific to a client. We've had clients edit the printed colors eventho we all agreed that it matched the book.

One funny issue... if you edit a color in a sub-library and that library is higher on the list than another client's sub-library or the main pantone library, then the spot color will re-map to the top library. ... I'm sure y'all know this, so not new info.

However, someone monkeyed with a client's color, messed it up bad, and then i guess had to leave for some reason? They nuked all the colors, so the spot was printing white/paper.

I had a different team member print a different a different client's project that used the same PMS designation. Except the client's logo was printing white. My team member printed 1500 sheets not realizing and delivered to the client.

No one in the shop could figure it out and they eventually asked me. I tore the file apart on the front end, looked in the settings, pulled out hair... only to eventually dig into the spot libraries. I couldn't even process that would be the cause since no one would mess up the spot build, so it was the last place I looked.

So, yes, to your point, monkeying with spot values can be a disaster!

I asked the team if they could move client specific libraries under the pantone libraries when jobs were done... but they wouldn't. We (I) made it part of the (my) calibration protocol to make sure the actual pantone libraries were at the top of the list on a regular basis.

It's like cleaning the kitchen because team members can't be bothered to wipe up their coffee spill! Your mom doesn't work here. Clean up your own damn libraries. nope.

Okay, rambling over :)
Do you realize that the latest version of CWS has a option to select the spot group. Not sure what levels of Fiery Software supports this but FS-400 has that feature.

Do you realize that the latest version of CWS has a option to select the spot group. Not sure what levels of Fiery Software supports this but FS-400 has that feature.
thanks. But I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

thanks. But I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?
Under Color Input/Spot Matching there is a dropdown list called Use Spot Group: which lists all your spot color libraries which allows you to choose any library instead of defaulting to which ever is listed first.

Under Color Input/Spot Matching there is a dropdown list called Use Spot Group: which lists all your spot color libraries which allows you to choose any library instead of defaulting to which ever is listed first.
are you talking about in "Job Properties"?

I do not see that drop down menu to select a specific spot group.

EDIT: I'm using CWS 6.7

A new report on the situation, "Color Me Frustrated: Users React to Adobe, Pantone Rift Over PMS Libraries," can be dowloaded at https://pialliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Color-Me-Frustrated-Adobe-Pantone-Rift.pdf or perused at Color Me Frustrated: Users React to Adobe, Pantone Rift Over PMS Libraries - Printing Industries Alliance. It was written on behalf of Printing Industries Alliance, a trade association that received numerous inquiries from its members about what has happened and how to respond.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back