PANTONE GOE Libraries for Adobe Apps

chevalier

The link on the Pantone site is dead. It's been quite a while since I've ran into a GOE color but I thought this system was very popular in Europe. I can't seem to find a library set for Adobe Illustrator, etc.

I'm in Europe and I have never ever seen any artwork come in with GOE colors... I think it just tanked worldwide...

The PANTONE Goe System was discontinued back in late 2013. While it is true that many users liked some of the concepts of the system, i.e., chromatic arrangement of colors, uniform ink film thickness, etc., the reality was that there was so much brand equity built up around the existing PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM colors that users were unwilling to adopt a new numbering scheme. It should be noted that several of those attributes have been back-applied to the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM with launch of the PANTONE PLUS SERIES products in May 2010.

PANTONE Color Manager software still includes support for the PANTONE Goe System libraries, and is a free download with registration of qualifying PANTONE PLUS SERIES or PANTONE FASHION + HOME products. Users can export the PANTONE Goe System libraries from PANTONE Color Manager. Please send e-mail to [email protected] for details.

Best regards,
John Stanzione
Manager - Technical Support
Pantone, LLC

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back