Pantone+ lab value in Adobe CS

drummerpaco

Does anybody know what is the Pantone+ lab value in Adobe CS base on?
D50/2 degree or D65/10 degree?
I know that N.A. standard is D50.

I am trying to compare Pantone+ lab value in Adobe CS system vs other software such as Xrite Color iQC, etc. for setting up what lab value should be the standard for ink drawdown.

I am trying to compare Pantone+ lab value in Adobe CS system vs other software such as Xrite Color iQC, etc. for setting up what lab value should be the standard for ink drawdown.

I'm pretty sure that the Pantone Lab values are still not the color targets for presswork and therefore draw-downs. The Pantone color is based on the Pantone ink mix and nothing else.

best, gordo

May be I was not clear myself

May be I was not clear myself

We are trying to make the color target for Pantone and to be able to target the Pantone, we like let them know what the target in quantitative value, lab value. As we all know that Pantone guide book is just guide not the target which we like to know what should be the target lab value.

Because in oversea print house such as China does not update their Pantone guide book annually, we are tring to controll the color by numbers.

Is there any published color target with lab value? Or should we still need to go with Pantone chipset?
What is your color target procedure when you do ink draw down?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back