paper economy

ronson

Hello all,

I have been recently assigned to another position in our company
We run four unit heatset machine.

Here is pretty messed up system right now on how much paper is used to actually for printing, how much paper stays on reel endings after splicing and how much paper is taken off the reel when preparing it for splicer. Idea is to start paying printers for saving paper.
In another company where I worked 10 years ago, there was a excel sheet with formulas, where you entered paper reel weight, g/m2 and with, also mm. on how much did they take of the reel when preparing it for splicer, due to damage to reel and etc. After when job was finished helpers measured reel diameter and program calculated how much kg. was left on the reel and program automatically took out the weight of reel endings according to diameter what was set on splicer.

Can anyone suggest something similar for me, that I do not have to start from scratch.

Thank you all in advance,
ron

what could be formula or equation to calculate paper reel weight, when I know paper g/m2, paper thickness, reel with, diameter and core.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back