Paper production in Italy haunted by Russia sanctions

gordo

The armed conflict between Russia and Ukraine is having a ripple effect on paper, cardboard, and paper pulp manufacturers in Italy, with more and more plants forced to halt production due to rising energy prices.

Hi Gordo,
being italian, living there and try to make a life in a press farm, I tell you the truth we are facing.
Paper, cardboard and every press media price has risen to stars. If you do a quote today, you have to confirm the paper prince in a couple of days.
Inks and other supplies aren't better. Plates are +30%.
Did I mention the increasing cost of energy?! Yes we have also this one to fight.
On the other hand we see a sinking market and no one move a hand to stop this.
Personally I can't see much future for this segment, nor in traditional press , nor in digital.
Speaking with my colleagues, everyone is scared and also very very frustrated.

personally speaking, I am consuming my little brain to find a way out. But I don't feel smart enough to find a solution.
Let's hope!!!

G:

Very sad. This effect is getting all the way to Kenya as well. A quote today, then client confirms the order a week later, and by then the raw materials have gone up. I'm desperately looking for Toners for Konica TN-619 for Accuriopress c3070. Genuine ones if any

Gordo I personally wouldn't trust this source of information... a blog of unknown origin with a handful of mostly anti-american articles going back to February 2022 and a link to russia today with an expired website certificate on top of all smells like propaganda from a mile away.

We have the same problem over here in Australia, last November 21 our prices went up 15% and yesterday we received another email stating it’s going up another 15%, there are only 3 main suppliers here in Perth and it’s a struggle at times.

Gordo I personally wouldn't trust this source of information... a blog of unknown origin with a handful of mostly anti-american articles going back to February 2022 and a link to russia today with an expired website certificate on top of all smells like propaganda from a mile away.
Expired certificate...hmm. You can watch this informal video to learn more.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back