Paper production in Italy haunted by Russia sanctions

gordo

The armed conflict between Russia and Ukraine is having a ripple effect on paper, cardboard, and paper pulp manufacturers in Italy, with more and more plants forced to halt production due to rising energy prices.

Gianni_S

Hi Gordo,
being italian, living there and try to make a life in a press farm, I tell you the truth we are facing.
Paper, cardboard and every press media price has risen to stars. If you do a quote today, you have to confirm the paper prince in a couple of days.
Inks and other supplies aren't better. Plates are +30%.
Did I mention the increasing cost of energy?! Yes we have also this one to fight.
On the other hand we see a sinking market and no one move a hand to stop this.
Personally I can't see much future for this segment, nor in traditional press , nor in digital.
Speaking with my colleagues, everyone is scared and also very very frustrated.

personally speaking, I am consuming my little brain to find a way out. But I don't feel smart enough to find a solution.
Let's hope!!!

G:

synjosh

Very sad. This effect is getting all the way to Kenya as well. A quote today, then client confirms the order a week later, and by then the raw materials have gone up. I'm desperately looking for Toners for Konica TN-619 for Accuriopress c3070. Genuine ones if any

maxon

Gordo I personally wouldn't trust this source of information... a blog of unknown origin with a handful of mostly anti-american articles going back to February 2022 and a link to russia today with an expired website certificate on top of all smells like propaganda from a mile away.

Pommyding

We have the same problem over here in Australia, last November 21 our prices went up 15% and yesterday we received another email stating it’s going up another 15%, there are only 3 main suppliers here in Perth and it’s a struggle at times.

PricelineNegotiator

Gordo I personally wouldn't trust this source of information... a blog of unknown origin with a handful of mostly anti-american articles going back to February 2022 and a link to russia today with an expired website certificate on top of all smells like propaganda from a mile away.
Expired certificate...hmm. You can watch this informal video to learn more.

What About Profitability?

Canon
What about Profitability?
Offset yields new advantages

Read All About It