PDF/X-1a output from signa

mazengh

The designers at our prepress output PDF/X-1a compliant files, ex magazine pages. When those pages are imposed in signastation we are outputting a pdf file of the imposition that we later send to our harlequin rip for processing... My question here, is there a way to control what type of pdf is outputed from signa? Shouldn't it be a PDF/X-1a compliant file? It's not currently...

P.S.: we are using signastation version 4

override?

override?

doesn't it effect setting applied by pdf/x-1a applied at the layout step? like messing up transparencies and shadows...

X1-a doesn't allow for transparency. The shadows are raster images or smooth shades. Both of which are allowed in PDF/X-1a. If you have all PDF/X-1a coming into Signa then you're basically good to go. Nothing in Signa that I can think of is going to change the document when trapped and imposed.

Like I said, it's nice to have the consistency of PDF/X-1a into Signa and PDF/X-1a out of Signa. You could even have the Harlequin RIP preflight the trapped and imposed PDF using a PDF/X-1a verification profile before the job is actually RIPped.

if that's the case, then there is no way to attach an icc profile to the pdf to tell it how to convert to the destination profile.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back