PDF-X4 files will not plate

yespress

I have a complex file with transparency, so I exported a PDF-X4 pdf file (unflattened). When I send it to the platesetter it loads the plate and starts imaging. Then it just sits there and does nothing. I have to cancel it and waste a plate. When I export a PDF-x1a file it goes through. Guess I should go back to flattening everything and going back to CPSI.

I have a complex file with transparency, so I exported a PDF-X4 pdf file (unflattened). When I send it to the platesetter it loads the plate and starts imaging. Then it just sits there and does nothing. I have to cancel it and waste a plate. When I export a PDF-x1a file it goes through. Guess I should go back to flattening everything and going back to CPSI.

Wow! Im having this prob too with my Trueflow SCREEN workflow which uses a True Adobe print engine PDF-X4 to keep it live and not flattened, even using Screens Trueflow PDF printer presets from InDesign or Acrobat which are PDF-X4 level the CTP will do the cyan plate fine then stop on another color sometimes image about 30% then stop and error out had to manual do-up the press-sheet in Indesign and print a postcript file for it to RIP still cant figure it out SCREENS not helping me out a lot either one tech says its a file problem another a mechanical problem at imaging stage.

Keep in touch

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

First of all, thanks for your reply. I am using Prinergy 4.1.2.2.57, and I haven't noticed this problem until recently. The files I'm working on are huge and have a lot of transparent objects, so I think that has something to do with it. Outputting flattened PDF or Poscript seems to work fine. Just don't understand it. I'm not getting any errors, the jobs just won't plate. I don't even get a progress bar, it just sits there.

Thanks again,

Mark

We had the same problem and the issue was brought up to Kodak. Of course we needed to upgrade. (Prinergy Version: 5.1.2.1.4) Now no more flattening.

We had the same problem and the issue was brought up to Kodak. Of course we needed to upgrade. (Prinergy Version: 5.1.2.1.4) Now no more flattening.

I think that was the upgrade that updated APPE from 1.x to 2.x and it solved a lot of our problems as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back