PDFs getting 1/2" cutoff all around when printing to KM C6501

CathieHarris

Hi everybody. Just so you know for those who knew me, I used to be CathieH but have a new job and am now me.

Anyway, I'm printing from a Mac to a KMC6501. Everything had been working fine then all of a sudden our files started getting cut off 1/2" all the way around. It may now just be the bottom that's getting cut off, but it's well into the 1/8" we're supposed to be able to print.

This is happening when PDFs are sent to the Creo. Once a preview has been opened in the Creo, you can see that the PDF has been cut off. If I put the file on a flash drive, take it to the Creo computer, load it on the desktop and import it to the Creo, the preview is fine but it prints cut off.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem? We're at a loss...

Thanks to anybody who can offer any suggestions on how to get this fixed. The IT guys are as dumbfounded as we are.

Cathie

Are you using a newer version of Adobe Acrobat. In the newer versions you MUST use the print setup dialog box first. I had the same problem when I upgraded Acrobat some time ago.

Thanks Halmac.

I'm using Acrobat Pro 8. I can import the PDFs into InDesign and they print fine. The IT guys suggested I try printing from Acrobat Reader and seeing if that cuts off too, but for some reason my Adobe Reader keeps crashing so I haven't been able to test that. I'll try my print setup dialog box and see if that helps.

Cathie

You might also look at the trimbox in PitStop if you have it. Sometimes PDFs get cropped and display as such, but the PitStop trim feature shows that the original trim or media box is still there, the output device or software is not recognizing the cropped version but the original.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back