Perfect binder. Bourg v Horizon

BigSi

Hi there. I have the opportunity to purchase a small perfect binder.
Taking price out the equation (Horizon is about 3k more) which would you go for?
Bourg 3001 v Horizon BQ160 (bourg is at least 13years older). Your thoughts? I am just looking at photos on the interweb but because of the age factor, I'm guessing the Horizon is in better nick.
ta Simon

Watched a quick video on both. Just from watching I would go with the Bourg. The Horizon looked painstakingly slow and it required 2 passes and was not an automatic cover feeder. On our Digibinder we have to manually put on the covers but it is a single pass. When you get in a groove it can go pretty smoothly and quickly. I dont see getting in much of a groove with the Horizon. Looks like you'd maybe get 60-80 books/hour out of it. Our Digibinder we can get close to 200 if everything is smooth, not adjustments and can keep the paper stacked up.Generally more like 150ish though.

Thanks Guys. If they were the same age/condition I think it would be a no brainer but interesting to know about the Bourg cover feed feature. At this stage it looks like the Bourg is ahead and I guess I could put the $3k difference into repairs if need. ta Simon

Does anyone know if there is an agent for Bourg in New Zealand? no luck trolling the inter web.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back