Perfect Binder Notcher question

Azel

I own a Rosback 850 perfect binder which has been discontinued by Rosback due to the fact that the Italian maker went out of business. I emailed Rosback about my perfect binder, but they said they no longer support or service it.

I am going to service my Rosback 850 myself, so perhaps someone here can answer a few questions I have posted concerning adjustments.

Notcher question
My notcher makes a notch about every quarter-of-an-inch on the spine, but this type of notching does not hold the pages in the spine very well. The pages can be peeled out by pulling from the top or bottom of the page. Is there a way I can rough up the spine of the book before I perfect bind it?

I am using the Rosback hotmelt glue that is recommended for this machine, but I can use any hotmelt glue that has an application temp close to 350F. Is there a hotmelt glue that I can use that will work better with my notcher?

nocherPic.jpg

i have only used a sulby minabinder mark 1 but the notcher looks similar. except that the sulby has what looks to be a saw blade instead of your mostly solid disk. it appears that your notcher can be raised and lowered. also on the sulby I can adjust the speed of travel of the book clamp. witch would give you more notches per inch.

Thanks for the reply. I will check out my Rosback perfect binder and see if there is a speed adjustment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back