perfecting press speed

I always understood there is a straight line top speed and a perfecting top speed which is usually a couple of thousands sheets per hour less. I would think it is ok to run a press at the top speed specified in the machine specs for perfecting as long as the press has been maintained in good condition mechanically.

I have been told by a few different heidelberg techs that there is no danger of damage to the press running at full speed in perfecting. 1 as long as it is maintained well (i do my own maintenance and can vouch that it is) 2 pincer bar play is at min. (Perfector cylinder was just rebuilt by heidelberg mechanics due to water damage). 3 press will only run at 15 iph and was told by 3 different techs that "if it only allows 15k iph then it is designed to run at 20k iph).

Thank you both for your replies. I have put months and months of frustration, research, and trial and error into this piece of s#<t that they bought. I was only given 2 weeks of training from a demonstrator. Now that i have finally fixed the mechanical errors and done my best to eliminate the human error part of it, yesterday i walked out because apparently now i run to fast. Just trying to prove a point here. Anyone looking for a press operator?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back