Permanent Crop Pitstop and or Acrobat

permanent crop

permanent crop

Ok now I get it. you can't do a permanent crop as such. It would need to be a different approach, delete all except the red and then resize. if that's ok it's doable.

When you say you can't do a permanent crop why does it matter if it's not permanent? I thought you could always change the crop and that the crop was just what is viewed in Acrobat or however you are viewing. I just tried cropping a 8.5 x 11 page to the bottom 3.5 height and it worked fine with the page box tool in Acrobat 9. The Kodak Geo tool confirms that the trim is 8.5 x 3.5 and the only box that still is 8.5 x 11 is the Media box which the Acrobat tool does not show you.

ABC - here is a test file.

I want to crop this down to red only. Then, increase the size to 9.5 wide x 4.5 tall. Then, in the white area, put in crop marks.

The Pitstop action I posted back on Pg. 1 of this thread still does this.

http://printplanet.com/forums/adobe/35304-permanent-crop-pitstop-acrobat#post221260

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 10.07.00 PM.jpg

@Streamlpress
Reason is you will have to expand the crop box to show the crop marks etc for the required end result

Done!

Done!

Joe supplied the solution for this back in Comment 8 of the thread, just download the zip file and use the Action List he supplied.
Works exactly as needed, note crop box is the same size as media box.

Nice job Joe.

Attachments

• Crop.jpg
    Crop.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 276
Ok now I get it. you can't do a permanent crop as such. It would need to be a different approach, delete all except the red and then resize. if that's ok it's doable.

Agreed Andrew, if it was just an area that was outside this 3.5” footer region it would be easy enough for an action to select everything in the head area outside of the this region at the foot and to then remove the selection (as cropping in Acrobat is lossless).

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back