Phoenix 2250 - error 200 (PLL failed to lock

Hi every body,

I have got the error 200 above with my imagesetter, how to fix it securely, because some time it runs, sometimes it show error, the spin motor is new.

Thank you
Dat

Hi every body,

I have got the error 200 above with my imagesetter, how to fix it securely, because some time it runs, sometimes it show error, the spin motor is new.

Thank you
Dat

I assume it has started after replacing old Spinner with the New one. right? Is it a used or new Spinner? The spinner stops turning following the error 200 right?. Compare the New Motor with the old one: are they manufactured by WEST WING or SPEED RING?what are the Firmwares revision?

Last edited:
Hi Mr. Armya,

THank for your ideas, The spinner motor is brand new, Westwind brand name, model D-1672-03, Serial no : 1460. I do not know to check Firmwares revision. Now the time out for spinner idle is 1500. do you have more ideas, pls share.

Thank in advance.
Dat

Check the plug from spin-motor encoder to the Carriage board first, then flex cable from the Carriage to off-carriage board.
Firmvares and versions appear at Phoenix screen during booting of machine.

Hi Mr. Armya,

THank for your ideas, The spinner motor is brand new, Westwind brand name, model D-1672-03, Serial no : 1460. I do not know to check Firmwares revision. Now the time out for spinner idle is 1500. do you have more ideas, pls share.

Thank in advance.
Dat
You haven't confirmed if the problem has started after changing the Spinner. Turn the machine on and write down all Text and numbers appeared on the Display. I am not on your site to check everything and give you an immediate solution. This doesn't work with your case. Your service Tech well know what has been done, but these might be the source of problems:

1- The encoder on opposite side of to the mirror on Spinner is the master clock source for the
fast scan modulation of the laser diode. The clocks operate through phase lock loop (PLL) systems to average the noise and errors in the encoder disk. The encoder on the spinner might be faulty or just have the Cable connection problem to the interface board. Make sure the Flex Cable connector connected properly between Interface board and Carriage Module. Installing a new spinner doesn't mean that nothing happened to the Spinner in the shipping, Handling and custom release process.
2- The Interface board or the Carriage board might be the source of the problem or only there are a simple connection problem. Your service Tech has to check these.
3-Upgrade and Program the PCBs Firmwares to 1.32 Revision using BDM/ Serial .For CM you have to do this through Serial Cable and Unidiag. You can't use BDM for Carriage Module.
4-When you turn the machine on and through boot sequence you will see the following will be appeared on the display and if the numbers are different, then order and Install the new DSPHAC chip on the Carriage Module.
CM 03.42 38.07.13

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
Hi Me. Armya,

THe problem is occured before I changed new spinner. Time to time the problem occured , it may be run after restart the system. Regarding to firmware, I see the number "CM.03.42 38.07.13" when the system boot. I need your ideas.

Thanks
Dat

Hi Me. Armya,

THe problem is occured before I changed new spinner. Time to time the problem occured , it may be run after restart the system. Regarding to firmware, I see the number "CM.03.42 38.07.13" when the system boot. I need your ideas.

Thanks
Dat

Did you read my answer and possible solutions? Have you or your Tech Tested everything? Perhaps we can make an arrangement for me to come to your site and Check your machine out. How about that?:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back