Photoreactive Inks

Thermo reactive inks

Thermo reactive inks

Hello,

I too am interested in this for a project we have going.

I spoke with the folks at CTI and it seems that if you want to use the thermo black to coat with - then it needs to be screen printed.

Does anyone have any direct experience working with this that I might speak with?
David Lewis
847-202-8424

Hello,

I too am interested in this for a project we have going.

I spoke with the folks at CTI and it seems that if you want to use the thermo black to coat with - then it needs to be screen printed.

Does anyone have any direct experience working with this that I might speak with?
David Lewis
847-202-8424

Hi David,

I have done a few projects with the thermochromic coating. The majority of the projects have been on our Komori 8 color + coater. We have a wide variety of anilox rollers that we can choose from. We did have to pass some of the jobs through the press quite a few times in order to ensure the imagery behind the coating was hidden. However, we got a really smooth lay and quality was excellent.

Some of the projects we have done that you may have seen are:

Sappi The Standard 3; we coated part of the heating element of a stove.

Henkel Thermochromatic Sell Sheet; we coated parts of a magic 8 ball with hidden messages behind the coating

Unisource PorcelainEco Promotional Brochure; we coated a ball that when rubbed directed the user to scan a QR code on the back cover

I did a small business card job with this coating and silk screened it. I wasn't too pleased with the results. We fought a lot of pin-holing issues and in the end the surface still wasn't smooth enough for my liking. It also took a couple hits of the coating to hide the florescent orange stock we were applying it to.

I work for Classic Color in Broadview, IL and I'll give you a call in the morning so we can discuss what you're looking to do and come up with a solution.

-Tony

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back