Picking on blanket

madjock

Hi everyone, having some issues with picking on the tail edge of solids and type etc on blankets, but only on one kind of stock, 100gsm matt text, all other stocks are fine but this one is really bad, so bad that is almost dents the blankets.
The press is a 4 col Ryobi and the inks we use are Novastar F1 series.
Can any one come up with any possible causes or solutions for this?

Reduce your ink as much as the press can handle. We find that a couple of Hostmann Steinberg PMS colours tend to do this and reducer seems to be the best solution.

as gaz mentioned reducing the ink will get you the best results but experimenting with different blankets may also get the tail pick to go away. A blanket with a quicker release may help. You could also try "blanket hardener" to achieve a quicker release on your existing blanket. Blanket hardener aka banana oil is available from most graphic arts suppliers.

Last edited:
today on my ryobi, got a similar issue. The black on a two color job. Same job I ran over a year ago, same letters! The ink didn't want to stick to the 100lbs xerox didital stock. I added a heavy body gum to the ink. Like 50/50. Set the plate to blanket on as tight as it would go, and ran slow watching closely. I know what pic is, and my problem is a quasi pic problem. I just want the ink to stick to the stock.(also removed blanket packing)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back