PitStop Action List Help needed...

StillWaiting

Hi,
This is a tough one. What I'm trying to accomplish:
1 - take a single page PDF document and add an empty page to it
2 - Duplicate all objects on page 1 to Page 2
3 - Then select objects on certain layers on Page 2 and delete them

I can get it to add the second Page without problems but duplicating Page 1 onto Page 2 is were I'm stuck.

I'm guessing to want to automate this, not do it manually?
This isn't possible, at least currently, there's no way to copy/paste/duplicate elements in an Action.

The only thing would be 'add copied graphic', but you would have to manually define what to add.

I'm guessing to want to automate this, not do it manually?
This isn't possible, at least currently, there's no way to copy/paste/duplicate elements in an Action.

The only thing would be 'add copied graphic', but you would have to manually define what to add.

Using PitStop Action Lists in Automation Engine trying to accomplish this.
Is there a way to maybe select a PDF file and add it to the existing file into Page 2?
Then delete the Layers that I don't need on Page 2.
Then delete the Layer on Page 1 I don't need.

Yep, it's not possible at the moment with Action Lists, but i'll write it up as a feature request.
If you can PM me your email i'll add it to the request and you'll get informed when it's done and available to beta

Just curious. Does the 'page 2' need to be page 2 of a single document, or can it be just a copy of page 1 (then modified) and ready for imposing or stepping?

Just curious. Does the 'page 2' need to be page 2 of a single document, or can it be just a copy of page 1 (then modified) and ready for imposing or stepping?
Nothing to do with imposing or stepping. For proofing purposes only.
1 - Take Page 1, which has 3 Layers, duplicate the entire Page, keeping layers intact, to Page 2.
2 - Delete Layer 3 on Page 1
3 - Delete Layer 1 & 2 on Page 2
4 - Save.

This is an old thread but this is very doable in Automation Engine and has been since version 12.1. It was doable earlier but the combine pages function makes it MUCH easier.

No action list needed.

1) Duplicate the "original" (will call it "copy").
2) Remove the layers from "original"
3) Remove the layers from "copy"
4) Have a data collector wait for both to finish
5) Optional: Add a sort function to arrange the pages
6) Combine pages

Last edited:
Interested in this, what does this look like if you open it in Acrobat or another PDF viewer. Layers in PDF are global, so you should have all layers on all pages?
Some layers may be empty, but they should all be there?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back