PitStop Extreme 08

SIMON C

Hi,

Probably Matt is the best one to answer this quick question, is the "new product" from Enfocus labelled as PITSTOP EXTREME 08, really just Neo under a new name, or are they still separate products?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon C,

PitStop Extreme is a native PDF viewer and editor, running on Mac OS® X and Windows,
and is aimed at fast and interactive PDF editing and correction in production
environments.

I believe that Neo was Mac only - and there are no things like Global Chnage (I do THAT a lot) or Action Lists (I do THAT to everything)...

I think this is more the upgrade to a PitStop power user - and (ahem) please do note that this is "adobe-less" - that is correct, no need to have Adobe anything installed, as it use 100% Enfocus technology and code -

-- VERY Accurate viewing and measuring

-- Advanced text and paragraph editing in that there is a powerful text editor; even text re-flow is possible by linking text blocks.

-- Transform objects and edit images, such as move, scale, rotate, align or distribute objects it is also possible to edit images. This happens either by replacing complete pictures or by directly using an image editing application like Photoshop to edit and save the image content and instantly see the changes in PitStop Extreme.

-- Document resources Separations, images and fonts can easily be controlled via the resources
panel.

-- Transparency handling

-- Page box handling

Hope this helps - to me, it is a must have - as a developer, I depend on PitStop to see what our PDF image processor actually does and analyse the results.

Michael Jahn
IQColour.com

michaelejahn, very well said. there are three other differences i thought I would mention.
1. PitStop Extreme does not have the interactive trapper that Neo has. Nor will it get the automated trapper that is coming to Neo.
2. PitStop Extreme does not have the option for a floating license that Neo has.
3. PitStop Extreme does not integrate with EskoArtwork workflows. It is purely a stand alone editor.

Someone rang?

PitStop Extreme is a great application. Especially on Windows. Definitely well worth the price if you are having issues with Acrobat crashing, work with large PDF's regularly or don't want to work inside of the "bloat" that is Acrobat.

Someone rang?

PitStop Extreme is a great application. Especially on Windows. Definitely well worth the price if you are having issues with Acrobat crashing, work with large PDF's regularly or don't want to work inside of the "bloat" that is Acrobat.

I'll second that and want to point out that there is a full functional 30 day trial available on www.enfocus.com. Try it out!

Cheers,
Brain

Thought I'd try to revive this thread from last fall......

This is an awesome product! Anyone else using it yet?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back