Pitstop Pro 10

rande

In Acrobat 9.
I'm new to this, just upgraded.
I'm trying to add a color; name it myself and build it; a die cut color.
How do I do that. I'm not finding it yet. Trying to get this job out.

thanks

In Acrobat 9.
I'm new to this, just upgraded.
I'm trying to add a color; name it myself and build it; a die cut color.
How do I do that. I'm not finding it yet. Trying to get this job out.

thanks

Select the color you want to add from within Inspector and then add it to the local database as shown in the attached image. You will have the option of naming it anything you please.

Attachments

• add_color.jpg
    add_color.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 184
Thanks.
How about just changing one item from 4 color to grayscale?
Not finding that yet.

In the screen shot above select "Convert to Gray" while you have the item selected.

Yes, I tried that but it came out gray not 100% black.
Can anyone make this black in pitstop.
I think its an affect in Indd.
I took it into Illy and unmasked it to get down
to where I could make it 100 black.

If it's type or a vector object just type the values in the CMYK boxes as shown in the screen shot above.

You can use a global change to map the color from one to another. The select similar object tool(s) will also allow you to do this. The crux of the problem is in PitStop's color management and the way they handle it.

If it's type or a vector object just type the values in the CMYK boxes as shown in the screen shot above.

I tried that, it wouldn't let me.

I don't know what it is. I ended up getting it to a vector but it had masks
on it, so I could get to it in pitstop.

I'll try Matts idea when I get some more time.

thanks

What exactly are you trying to change? You're not giving much information to explain what you are having problems with.

Back to my original question.
I'm back at trying to change a box to a "die cut" spot color.
I can get it into the local area. But I need it to be a spot and show up in "Doc spot color" area
and in the "output preview" as a spot color?

I will post attachment.

thanks

Last edited:
IF the color is defined as a spot then it should show up in output preview. There are a number of settings in output preview but by default all the separations should be visible. Try a save-as of the PDF. You can send it to me too.

Here is an attachment. I just need the green box to be a spot color.

Attachments

• test.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 206
Thanks. Now whats the secret to getting in the spot area?

Select the stroke on the left side of Inspector and then select "Convert to Spot Color (using Preferences)" from the flyout menu. Then select the Pantone book you want to use, pick your color and save. I had to save it and close it and re-open it for the spot color to show in the list of separations in Output Preview as Matt had already mentioned.

Attachments

• add_color8.jpg
    add_color8.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 188
I'm sorry, I just realized what you did. I can do that, and maybe thats what we need to do now.
What we use to be able to do is name a color, and make it a spot color and have it show up in the output preview. Any way to do that now? we want to label them dieline.

thanks

You can rename the spot color to anything you would like with a Pitstop action list.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back