Pitstop Pro 11 Design Layout

FileJockey

I jumped form 8 to 11, so not sure if this is also relates to 9 or 10. The issue is the Design Layout Panel. Pitstop shows a small group of default layouts for applying page layouts and page boxes. I get how to create a new Layout, but is there any reason I need to save each Layout as a new preset? So far, I am just modifying a standard Layout and hitting Save and Activate, then applying it to the page or pages. Doing this over and over, since many of our jobs don't fit any of the defaults or any sort of preset at all. So, I'm just wondering if there is a sort standard approach here, or if what I'm doing (re-saving a single layout under the same name) is appropriate. The manual isn't much help in this specific regard. Thanks.

The only reason to save them with a new name is if you think you will need to use them again or if you want to build up a library of layouts. If they are all one-offs then your current approach is ok, there's nothing wrong with it. Saving with a new name just means they are there if you need them again
Be aware also that saved design layouts can also be used in action lists/quick runs as well.

Sounds good. In a small commercial shop we often don't have much call for some of the deeper features. I am adjusting to the revised interface, however.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back