PitStop Pro compatibility with Acrobat DC

Mine might have been highlighted with blue at some point. I never really noticed it until last Friday and then all of a sudden I found myself clicking it multiple times because I didn't think it selected it at first. But it did but it doesn't turn blue like the Acrobat tools do.

Acrobat DC has some serious crashing problems on 10.10.3. Been trying to test Pitstop 13 but with all crashing it has been really frustrating. Interesting that at the same time I can run 11.0.3 and Pitstop 11 on same OS partition with no crashing.

At this point DC with Pitstop 13 is basically unusable.

Acrobat DC has some serious crashing problems on 10.10.3. Been trying to test Pitstop 13 but with all crashing it has been really frustrating. Interesting that at the same time I can run 11.0.3 and Pitstop 11 on same OS partition with no crashing.

At this point DC with Pitstop 13 is basically unusable.

Do you have the Prinergy DotShop 5.12 plugin installed?
We have some customers report a similar situation and it seems to be down to an incompatibility with PitStop 13.

Can you also please contact Enfocus support '[email protected]' so we can help diagnose the issue or let you know when there is a fix

Last edited:
No I don't. What I was trying to do this morning was to use Fill or Outline in inspector to convert to grayscale but every time I click on either one I would get a crash. Opened 11.0.3 with Pitstop 11 and it work flawlessly.

DC definitely has a serious problem with any PDF that is assigned an RGB work space if the output preview is selected. Can't move on to DC and Pitstop 13 until this stuff is fixed.

No I don't. What I was trying to do this morning was to use Fill or Outline in inspector to convert to grayscale but every time I click on either one I would get a crash. Opened 11.0.3 with Pitstop 11 and it work flawlessly.

DC definitely has a serious problem with any PDF that is assigned an RGB work space if the output preview is selected. Can't move on to DC and Pitstop 13 until this stuff is fixed.

Ahh ok, I know there are some output preview issues reported on the Adobe forum.

You could always put the PitStop 13 on the Acrobat XI, that's supported?

Ahh ok, I know there are some output preview issues reported on the Adobe forum.

You could always put the PitStop 13 on the Acrobat XI, that's supported?

I really don't want to take the chance that there are issues with that combination. I prefer to let what works alone at this point.

I have problems with Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.2 & PitStop 13, I can't change tabs in PitStop.

Some solution?

Not quite sure what you mean by 'change tabs'?
Can you explain more please.

Is this something that worked in a previous version and not in version 13, or is this something that you can't figure out how to do?

you can always contact '[email protected]' for help

Pitstop 13 still crashes Acrobat DC.

BuildNumber: 577239
Version: 13 Build 577239 (64bit)

Output preview no longer crashes DC.

PS: Spoke to soon. Once I deleted the Enfocus Prefs Folder from preferences DC is no longer crashing for now.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with Acrobat DC crashing when I try to use any of the Pitstop 13 tools.
Using the same build number (577239) as DYP.

Are there any updates or things that might not be compatible with this?

Do you have latest version of DC? 15.8.20082.147029

And did you delete the preference folder?

Thanks,
I am running the latest version of DC and I did delete the Preference folder from Library>Preferences. Still crashing though.Thanks

I'm glad I found this thread. In prepess, we are facing software upgrades due to the fact that the graphic artists are upgrading. They're going to Mac OS Sierra, Adobe CC, Suitcase Fusion, and Quark 2016. Of particular interest is the interplay between Acrobat DC and PitStop 13. It's my understanding that whatever version of Acrobat one uses, it must reside on your Mac, not in the cloud, so it's good to see that DC resides on the Mac. Prepress will go to Yosemite or El Capitan, depending upon what happens with PitStop. But reading that Acrobat DC and PitStop 13 have had issues gives me pause.

We use Acrobat Pro X and PitStop 11 currently. I'm a bit nervous about upgrading that combo. I will keep an eye on this thread, I think.

Hi Semi-tech
You won't have any issues with PitStop 13 update 2 and Adobe Acrobat DC, all the issues/icons etc have been worked out long ago.
FYI Acrobat and PitStop are installed locally on your computer, the cloud bit is licensing and other added value.

Please be aware your PitStop 11 will not work on Acrobat DC. Acrobat DC is a 64bit application on Macintosh, and your PitStop 11 is only 32bit, so you will need to upgrade to version 13 to work with DC. There's also a lot of new added functionality of course in versions 12 and 13, so you'll have a lot more more tools and options to play with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back