PitStop Pro Warning: Mac Users Should Not Update to Latest Adobe Version

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
According to Enfocus, the Mac version of this update introduced a problem for PitStop Pro: when you select an object(s) in PitStop Pro, the selected objects & anchor points are not displayed. There is no workaround for this issue, and Enfocus advises Mac—PitStop users not to update Acrobat, at this time. Windows users are not affected.

This warning is about Adobe’s new update for Adobe Acrobat—
Enfocus have reported the issue to Adobe, and are in discussion on how to resolve this as soon as possible. When there is a fix, Enfocus will let users know via email.

There is a knowledgebase article available on the topic. Enfocus recommends turning off Acrobat automatic updates to prevent inconvenient consequences in PitStop in the future.

What do you recommend for Mac Creative Cloud users in the meantime? My acrobat is updated and my Pit Stop Tools are limited. I tried to downgrade to an older version but was unsuccessful. Pit Stop is a big part of what we do everyday.

What do you recommend for Mac Creative Cloud users in the meantime? My acrobat is updated and my Pit Stop Tools are limited. I tried to downgrade to an older version but was unsuccessful. Pit Stop is a big part of what we do everyday.
I'm unsure of which software you were trying to downgrade? I did try the suggested downgrade with Acrobat. My attempt was unsuccessful.

I hope this can be resolved quickly. One never realizes how reliant you can be until you see there aren't any anchor points to guide you. This can be a huge accident waiting to happen if one is not careful.

Hi Jackie,

I am currently running version 21.005.20058 of Acrobat DC for Mac and am not experiencing any Pitstop issues. You can go to the following link and manually download the installer for this specific version:

Post install, you'll have to reinstall any 3rd party plug-in's.

Hope this helps and best regards,
pd :)
Thanks PD, but that is an updater file. It wants an older Acrobat to update. I only have the most current version from the Cloud.

I'm unsure of which software you were trying to downgrade? I did try the suggested downgrade with Acrobat. My attempt was unsuccessful.

I hope this can be resolved quickly. One never realizes how reliant you can be until you see there aren't any anchor points to guide you. This can be a huge accident waiting to happen if one is not careful.
I did try to downgrade Acrobat, my attempt was unsuccessful as well. This is really a major issue, I hope EnFocus and Adobe can Hug it out and get us a working version.

You should contact Enfocus support directly for their advice.

Downgrading it would seem is painful.
If you have a time machine backup from prior to the upgrade, you can delete or rename the Acrobat folder, and then restore that folder to Applications.
That works as all the settings and licensing are elsewhere in the libraries. It's best then to get rid of the bad one as there are apparently still some associations if it's still around.

A lot of users are helping each other on the PitStop User group on Linkedin, so that might help you.

I believe one of them has made an Acrobat folder available to those that don't have a backup.

Enfocus appears to of solved the problem. I was notified and upgraded with new installer. So far, so good

Indeed, but please note the upgrade is for PitStop 2021 users, you will need to have a PitStop 2021 license.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back