pitstop server (action list?) question

lfelton

I'm hoping that the pitstop gurus might be able to point me in the right direction? Is there a way to export failure and warning information from a pitstop server pre-flight, so that an external script can access it? In my ideal world, I'd just like pitstop server to write a file with a list of fail / warn codes to a specific hotfolder subdirectory.

Thanks for any tips.

You can tell PitStop Server to create the usual PDF-Report; in addition, it can create an XML-Report.
Maybe you will be able to parse the XML-Report.

that's an excellent suggestion, I hadn't realised that xml was an option. It shouldn't be too difficult to parse it with a bit of shell programming.

that's an excellent suggestion, I hadn't realised that xml was an option. It shouldn't be too difficult to parse it with a bit of shell programming.

Make sure you have version 4 or higher, though. That's when the XML feature was implemented.

Also if you create an XML report in addition to the PDF report note that both 'versions' of the preflight report will be put in the same output folder. So if you're looking for using the preflight info only for parsing, just disable the pdf version...

cheers,
Bert

Make sure you have version 4 or higher, though. That's when the XML feature was implemented.

Also if you create an XML report in addition to the PDF report note that both 'versions' of the preflight report will be put in the same output folder. So if you're looking for using the preflight info only for parsing, just disable the pdf version...

cheers,
Bert

It would be version 8 (new install). Thanks for the tip on disabling the PDF version.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back