Pitstop's Add Crop Marks

lnivin

We have a few PDFs that the PitStop Crop Marks aren't positioning correctly. The PDF is coming in with the Art Box the same size as the Trim Box. The Bleed Box and Media Box are 1/8" larger. The Crop Marks are placing on the Trim Box but are longer the 1/8" to Bleed/Media Box and are overlapping.

I've tried the Page Setup of Trim Box to Bleed, set at 9pt. And Bleed Box to Media Box, set to 9pt. Didn't work.

Is there a way to decrease the length of the Crop mark to 1/16"? Maybe that would solve it.

Thanks

Using Kodak Geometry Tools we increased the Art Box to the size of the Media Box and then the crop marks work correctly. Is there a way to use PitStop Actions to increase the Art Box?

Yes there's a specific Action for modifying the Art Box that you can add to the Action List.

I'm looking, looking, looking . . .

The closest Actions I see are Remove Crop Box and Set Bleed and Trim Guides to Marks.

What am I actually looking for?

Thanks

Great, as a tip when looking for specific Actions to do things I find the search field the easiest way to see what's available.

It might take a few attempts to hit the right terminology, but the more you do it the easier it gets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back