Placing a multiple page PDF into InDesigns single page (sheet)

srki

Hi everyone,
Please if someone knows is there a application or plugin for InDesign for placing/importing multiple page pdf files into InDesign (maybe a script) on a single document (sheet) that has already been imposed (and printed). I need to place a different pdf pages on a different places (spots) on InDesign document. Because there are about 1000 pages in pdf document which I need to place on predetermined places on a InDesign page (about 4-5 per page) I would like somehow to automate the process.
I already have a javascript that allows me to put multiple pages pdf in InDesign but it can do only one pdf page on one InDesign page. Somehow I manage with this but that means that I need to place them all and than do imposition again exactly like the one it was made for the background printing. Recently I am getting a lot of work that has already been printed in offset and the imposed pdf and I need to place some graphics on the layout in different places from multiple pdf files and than print them digitally.
Maybe the only solution is some variable printing software? (But I just need that pdf function I explained above). If so, does anyone knows or have experience with that kind of software? Just a recommendation would be great or if someone has some other solution.

Many thanks

thank You for your advice

thank You for your advice

Thank's a lot

I tried MultiPageImporter and it works with placing the multiple pages pdf into InDesign but one page for on one page which is great to - maybe there is a way to link boxes in InDesign and than import pdf file. I will try playing with that. I talked with a friend who is a programer and he tells me that maybe this javascript can be modified. I don't know if I can do this with his help (hope that it is legal to mess/play with the script).
For placing more pdfs one a single sheet I am going to try Imposition Studio 4.5. I downloaded a demo just to try to figure it out and so far I have sam problems with determing the right spots to place pdfs into. But I just got it so I'll look into manual. Also one problem is that when I import the multiple pdf in Imposition Studio 4.5 in "PDF link set up panel" it doesn't allow me to use anything but "media box" in Bounding Box (I can't put trim or bleed size when importing). Maybe this is because it is in demo mode.
Anyway I'll keep trying and thank you all again.

Imposition Studio works great with multiple pdf file as variable data. Thank you all. I still need to see why it doesn't allow me to use anything but "media box" when importing.
So, I have some other questions but I suppose that is for other forum. (problems with digital printer).
Thank you all

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back