Plate run length w/uncoated stock

dgraves8rd

We are running the Fuji PJ plates, rated for at least 300k impressions. For the most part we get 300k+.
Recently we have had numerous jobs involving uncoated stock where we are only getting between 50k-100k before tinting occurs. Does this sound correct? I think it has more to do with blanket pressure.
Is uncoated stock really the culprit to do that much damage to the plate?

We do not have such large run lengths, mostly 10k and under, well under. But uncoated stocks do absorb much more ink than coated stocks, therefore more ink is transferred to plate than on coated stocks and perhaps this may contribute to shorter run length life for plates? At least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it--or until I'm proven wrong!

Your problem might be caused by the alkaline in the sheet or maybe the sizing from the sheet. You might want to try an alkaline roller rinse and use hot water to clean your blankets during the run.

Other factors could be causing it (such as impression as you said), but I believe these are the most common.

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back