PlateRite 8000 and Kodak Sonora X processless plate

Ulrich

Hello

We would like to try out other plates on our screen-platesetter, including the Kodak Sonora X processless plate in the PlateRite 8000.

The technician asked me in advance for the following information, maybe someone has the combination in use and can tell me the following parameters?:

1) Required laser energy
(in the Kodak technical Datasheet is only to read about "different" values according to type of platesetter and resolution.
We work mostly with 175lpi and screen SPEKTA (300) with 2400dpi)

2) % laser power

3) drum speed

Thanks a lot in advance

Ulrich

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. Yes i had got some Information via Mail. But now we are working (satisfying) with Fuji Superia ZD and an other Fountain Solution...

Ulrich

Sonora X is moore better plate, work with all fountain solution and forgives a lot
sped drum 1000
power 80%
Try, realy best.

How do the prices compare to the Sonora XP plates? Still waiting to hear back from a rep on these. I am assuming they cost more as they are not a replacement for the XP series?

How do the prices compare to the Sonora XP plates? Still waiting to hear back from a rep on these. I am assuming they cost more as they are not a replacement for the XP series?

I was told they are the same price by our rep. Still waiting to get some. Kodak seems to move rather slowly.

Hi PrintPlanet,

Anyone with a Screen PlateRite 4300E using Kodak Sonora XP Process Free Plates (0.20mm gauge)?
Will appreciate settings for Laser Energy / Laser Power % / Drum Speed if you use this combination
of Plate and Platesetter. We mostly print at 175 lpi with 2400 dpi if that's any help.

Thanks.

Dgman

I switched a number of customers to Sonora X during the last months. They are all happy.
Can you give more detail? we are currently using XP plates we have had problems with coating sticking to plate,have tried many different fountain solutions. scratches sometimes as well. main problem lately seems to be coating when developing flips on plate then sticks then have to wipe off with plate cleaner etc. So please give detail why they like the x plate better. Thank You

Has anyone tried the new Agfa Avatar T-ZP zero process plate? Just curious we used agfa plates before zero process plates came out and they worked great with Variex fountain solution till Variex went out of business. We have been experiencing problems with the Kodak Sonora XP processless plates and fountain solution. clean up time is adding up wiping the stuff that sticks to the plates causing dots etc. so curious those mentioning the X plate and or if anyone has tried the new Agfa plate we do webpress and sheetfed. Thanks in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back