Plato Moch up with Dimensions

zulbat

We used to use Preps and could print out a Moch up of the layout showing boxes and the dimensions of all pages and gutters. Trying to find a way to do this in Esko Plato. Need to be able to output a letter size PDF with the dimensions of all pages, or in the case of our work labels, gutters, press sheet size. Anyone doing this our of Plato 14?

This is what I have started exploring as a smartmark to give me the mark sets needed to have dimensions print out on a moch up. Thank you for your response Josh.

Hello zulbat,

Don't waste your time - Esko Plato doesn't have posibilty to make mockup like Preps, Signastation and other imposition tool. Actually Plato is Step&Repeat Tool and in 95 % of cases doesn't need any mockups functionality. Yes, you can use Smart Marks for adding dimensions for Plato files, but it will not be mockups in traditional meaning.

Hope this helps, Alex

I believe you can do this with Automation Engine and the Layout module. Its been a while since I have played with the pagination functionality of AE but I believe in the export imp to PDF task will do what you want.

See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 3.52.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 3.52.12 PM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 206
There is no way to save imp from Plato. IMP was a file format that was used by Esko Fast Impose. If you have that, great! But I am guessing that you don't.

What you can do is convert a JDF imposition layout to a IMP via Automation Engine. Then you have the ability to work that imposition inside of Automation Engine (re-order pages, replace pages, output a mockup etc....).

I don't do any page work anymore, if somebody wanted to supply me with a JDF imposition layout I could show how this works.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back