Please Advise the best machine for our work

fouad

Hello,

We are looking for a new printing machine.

What we do: Brochure (12 pages), Small Magazines, Business Cards, Envelopes ...

Whats the best machine for our work ?
Budget is around 100k

Thanks in advance

1000 copies shortest run . . .. in my opinion that would call for a conventional press, and plate setter if you don't already have one . . . I would venture to say a 4/c 14x20 inch ryobi or heidelberg would be the way to go . . ..

you guys would actually run 1000 sheets offset instead of digital? Just curious because quantities like that always end up going digital instead of going commercial at our place.

Actually no for a 1000 we would go with the digital press but . . .since we have both we go with what works best . . but in his case having only one choice for runs of 1000+ I would have to say that I would choose a conventional workflow . . . but I always want a bigger budget . . .

Last edited:
Actually no for a 1000 we would go with the digital press but . . .since we have both we go with what works best . . but in his case having only one choice for runs of 1000+ I would have to say that I would choose a conventional workflow . . . but I always want a bigger budget . . .

60% of the jobs are 1000 copies, 30% are 500 copies and around 10% for the 1000+

With that break down of your work I would look at some of the digital presses that are out there. You need to make sure that you have service available promptly especially if this is your primary production machine . . . but I would imagine any of the big names would work for you . . .

With that break down of your work I would look at some of the digital presses that are out there. You need to make sure that you have service available promptly especially if this is your primary production machine . . . but I would imagine any of the big names would work for you . . .

Thanks, can you tell me what are the best suitable machine for our work then ? specially for Envelopes, Business Cards ...

Well we're running a Xerox 770 and we are happy with it - it does short run envelopes adequately, bus cards, we don't recommend digital for Letterheads or anything that would get run through a laser printer.

But like I said before you need to research the vendors available in your area and their service/support options. Talk to other printers in the area about how often any how prompt their service people are when needed. But I would have no idea whats available in Lebanon (I am assuming thats the country not a town somewhere in the United States) so you do have some homework to do. Talk to the vendors, take some of your more difficult files to run tests on their recommended machines and see which ones give you the best return on your investment.

Good Luck and Happy Printing :)

Well we're running a Xerox 770 and we are happy with it - it does short run envelopes adequately, bus cards, we don't recommend digital for Letterheads or anything that would get run through a laser printer.

But like I said before you need to research the vendors available in your area and their service/support options. Talk to other printers in the area about how often any how prompt their service people are when needed. But I would have no idea whats available in Lebanon (I am assuming thats the country not a town somewhere in the United States) so you do have some homework to do. Talk to the vendors, take some of your more difficult files to run tests on their recommended machines and see which ones give you the best return on your investment.

Good Luck and Happy Printing :)

We have Konica Minolta and Xerox Service here.
What do you think about KM C1070
And do you know the cost of it ? and the one of the Xerox 770

Hi, fouad,

No, I don't work for KM and I'm not in sales--at least not today! The retail for the 1070 engine alone with scanner (bizhub PRESS C1070) was $67K about a year ago. The "P" version or printer version has no scanner and was retailing for $56K. It's a good machine and very reliable and will handle everything you mentioned. It's a production-level machine so it will also grow with your business. Digital presses are almost always sold a la carte, so the paper feed unit you pick, controller and any finishing and relay units needed are extra. It does envelopes nicely with a special operator quick change fusing unit--also extra at $5K--and you'll need the PF-707 large capacity (vac and air-feed) paper unit for that, which was retailing at $10K.

Do your homework and get quotes from KM and a local dealer if you have one. You shouldn't ever pay full retail unless you're completely crazy. Keep in mind that the lowest price might also come with the lowest service, lowest overall happiness and lowest relationship from your vendor, so try to keep price at least a few rungs lower than the top consideration.

Let us know how it goes and if you need more help!

Best,
Dwight

We have Konica Minolta and Xerox Service here.
What do you think about KM C1070
And do you know the cost of it ? and the one of the Xerox 770

Well when we were in the market and got our Xerox we looked at Rico and Xerox, Konica never called us back. Both the machines we saw would have done the job but the Xerox was an end of production model and they were offering a fantastic deal on it so . . . they got the deal. Prices where you are . . I wouldn't have a clue - you have some local research to do.

Hi, fouad,

No, I don't work for KM and I'm not in sales--at least not today! The retail for the 1070 engine alone with scanner (bizhub PRESS C1070) was $67K about a year ago. The "P" version or printer version has no scanner and was retailing for $56K. It's a good machine and very reliable and will handle everything you mentioned. It's a production-level machine so it will also grow with your business. Digital presses are almost always sold a la carte, so the paper feed unit you pick, controller and any finishing and relay units needed are extra. It does envelopes nicely with a special operator quick change fusing unit--also extra at $5K--and you'll need the PF-707 large capacity (vac and air-feed) paper unit for that, which was retailing at $10K.

Do your homework and get quotes from KM and a local dealer if you have one. You shouldn't ever pay full retail unless you're completely crazy. Keep in mind that the lowest price might also come with the lowest service, lowest overall happiness and lowest relationship from your vendor, so try to keep price at least a few rungs lower than the top consideration.

Let us know how it goes and if you need more help!

Best,
Dwight

Thanks Dwight for the information.
This is the machine im looking for now, ill keep you updated about that

Thanks again,
Fouad

Well when we were in the market and got our Xerox we looked at Rico and Xerox, Konica never called us back. Both the machines we saw would have done the job but the Xerox was an end of production model and they were offering a fantastic deal on it so . . . they got the deal. Prices where you are . . I wouldn't have a clue - you have some local research to do.

I will make some local research and check out the available deals.

Thank you,
Fouad

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back