Power in Numbers

gordo

659 Power in Numbers.jpg

"Do you see that button in the upper left corner?"
"Do you mean this one?" they would always reply while pressing the button.
"Did I say to press that button -- NO I DID NOT!!!... I was merely showing you the location of where the Clear & Reset to Factory Defaults button was located!!!

Thanks a lot!. There goes 2 hours worth of detailed calculated adjustments down the drain

Last edited:
always amused me the job would be running fine and at shift change the next guy would be pressing buttons like mad.
Perhaps because the previous guy is a moron and his job is crap... so the next guy is trying to fix the butcher job?
Or perhaps because the next guy believes that the previous guy is a moron and his job is crap... so he is trying to fix what he believes to be a butcher job?
Or perhaps the next guy believes that he is better than everybody else, so he always fixes everybody else's jobs? (even when there is nothing to fix!)
Or perhaps the previous guy left a (not funny) joke for the next guy?
Or perhaps the previous guy is sabotaging the job to make the next guy be accused and fired?

Or perhaps with some communication and understanding, everyone is on the same page and everything is more consistent and of better quality.

Or perhaps with some communication and understanding, everyone is on the same page...
Often, the communication is limited to: "You have to understand that I do this job since 30 years and it is not you who will teach me how to do it"... So, in fact, both are on the same page, but not on the same side of the page!

I work for a multitude of commercial printers (digital and offset) doing prepress for holiday and sickness etc. There are certain commercial printers I cannot send particular jobs to because the pressman is incapable of doing a good job - they do an O.K. job.
All hell breaks loose when pressman retire and new pressmen are hired and I have to go through the painful learning process of discovering which of the new hires are O.K. pressman and which are capable of way better. I tried to explain this once to one owner and he had a meltdown screaming at me in the middle of his pressroom in front of everybody - needless to say I no longer use this particular commercial printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back