PowerSwitch / FlightcheckPro / Nexus / and???

Bobmorli

I've been reading alot about online proofing/preflighting/automation lately because we want te rework our overall flow regarding everything prior to printing. Starting from the file delivery up untill the approval.

Since we get all kinds of file formats our preflighting will most likely be with flightcheckpro in combination with powerswitch & nexus.

What i'm not sure of is what software to choose for our onine approval system. There are some nice things out there but I was wondering if anyone could help me make the call.

What the system should do:
- pick up a PDF out of a folder for approval
- scriptable (for communication with our ERP/MIS)
- online viewer / annotations
- send e-mail
- accept any file type for uploading (we want to use it as an ftp server) so Switch can get it to the preflight

At this moment I'm mostly thinking of Webcenter (viewer/database system seems nice). Are there others that I might have overseen?

Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back