PPML through Fiery prints color bars/ registration marks - Check PPML does not

svanniman

All;

I wrote my own PPML generator and at first we simply printed the entire document with overlays; however, some of the art from certain graphic designers had too much bleed.

I modified my program to force a maximum of 1/8" bleed on any given edge. I'm using the Reusable Object with a position of 0,0 and the dimensions of the entire page.

Then in the Mark, I'm moving the position out the extra bleed and using the CLIP_RECTANGLE to then cut the original document to just the size of the art + 1/8" bleed.

When running CheckPPML, everything checks out. No error messages and the resulting .pdf is correct (which I can print and is correct); however, if I drop my PPML file on the hot folder, it also prints all the color bars and registration marks in the document which are outside of the CLIP_RECTANGLE area.

The PPML documentation is not clear enough to be of help.

A) Is there a PPML command to suppress color bars / registration marks?
B) Should I be clipping the art in the Reusable Object and if so, what is the best method?

Thanks,
Steve

can you post your PPML (using pastebin.com or put it somewhere online)? If your PPML requires assets (EXTERNAL_DATAs) to RIP properly, remove those, or put them somewhere as a zip (perhaps in lowres) :) I'll try to see what's wrong with it. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back