Pre Press Solution

Ronin

Hello

I am dong preliminary research for a new pre press solution.

My current situation is this. We are a small 6 color sheet feed printer. we currently out source all of the pre press work. Do to the nature of the industry we want to bring in our own pre press trapping and impo software. We are currently running DTP on a Fuji Luxel Dart 6000. It is feed via a Rampage shooter. All the files we receive are native Rampage.

I am looking into a PDF work flow that can possibly also handle 1 bit tiffs. The most promising option hat I have found is the Harlequin rip kit through RTI Rips. I would like to start with there Rip Kit then add the following module as funds will allow. Basic Inpo 2 Along with the trapping solution follow by Automation and Optimization modules.

I was hoping that a member or two could provide some input or possible options. As usual cost and ease of use are most important.

Thanks in advance.

Ronin, if you have a few minutes give me a call tonight or tomorrow and we can talk about a few options. It's easier to talk them out than to write it out. But I have several options/paths/ideas for you. Best to call me on my cell

Why not upgrade Rampage to the full version, should be able to do everything you need.

A

Hi AJR

The Rampage Shooter and Rip in our facility does not belong to us. In addition I am looking for more user friendly solution with out the cost associated will Rampage. Full implementation of Rampage from ground zero is more than we are willing to spend.

Thanks

Hello

I am dong preliminary research for a new pre press solution.

My current situation is this. We are a small 6 color sheet feed printer. we currently out source all of the pre press work. Do to the nature of the industry we want to bring in our own pre press trapping and impo software. We are currently running DTP on a Fuji Luxel Dart 6000. It is feed via a Rampage shooter. All the files we receive are native Rampage.

I am looking into a PDF work flow that can possibly also handle 1 bit tiffs. The most promising option hat I have found is the Harlequin rip kit through RTI Rips. I would like to start with there Rip Kit then add the following module as funds will allow. Basic Inpo 2 Along with the trapping solution follow by Automation and Optimization modules.

I was hoping that a member or two could provide some input or possible options. As usual cost and ease of use are most important.

Thanks in advance.
Xitron can offer a modular solution to meet your requirements. Feel free to call me at 734-794-1315 or email [email protected].

Studiorip

Studiorip

Hi,

Take a look ar StudioRIP a fully integrated workflow/rip solution. It does imposition, trapping, CIP3/JDF, proofing and i could go on

I bought mine last fall and i am really amazed by it's perfomance and value for money!
I only bought it to drive our Heidelberg Quickmaster, but we ended up scrapping our Harlequin 7.0 and we are now using the Studiorip to drive our Highwater Python CTP as well.
Maybe the cheapest and most easy to use workflow on the market.

You are able to download a fully functional demo at StudioRIP - RIP software for imagesetters, CTPs, inkjet printers and other output devices

/Mutti

Prepress Software as a Service

Prepress Software as a Service

We have an interesting offer you might want to consider.

It is sort of an everything in a box approach.
The components include all of these..

WorkFlow:
Online Job submission with Job Ticketing
Highend Production Ripping
Automatic In-Rip Trapping
Online high res zoomable proofing
Print Ready PDFx export
Imposition plugin

Web2Print:
Customizable Online storefront
Unlimited Products
Online pricing
Live Shipping calculation through UPS, FedEx, USPS
Shopping Cart
Credit Card processing
Project management with direct workflow connection

All of this has no setup fee, no upfront cost, no long term commitment and only a very small payment for each month you use it.

It is all based on a very open architecture that can easily be expanded using either our tools or other third party tools. I would love to provide you with a demo and answer any questions you might have.

David Lewis
[email protected]

I suppose I may as well get my 2 cents in...
Trolling forums Bill? You should leave that to your dealers.

But Xitron does indeed have an excellent modular solution, Harlequin based, that will do everything you need and more. We can drive your ctp directly, or generate TIFFS, whichever you prefer. We interface directly with inpo2 including full automation, as well as optional pitstop driven preflight.

I'd be glad to put a system together for you.

For a lot less $$$$ the all the modules required by inp02, you can get a complete hot folder automated solution from us. Impostrip On Demand Econo Edition is what you need and it will connect with any RIP you might purchase as well as all preflighting solution on the market etc.

At only $990., it is the best automated solution and the most popular hot folder solution on the market.

You can get a complete version to evaluate for free on our web site www .imposition .com.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
raymond @ imposition.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back