Pre Prints for the 120

CanarcticPress

I have a major run for our Xerox 120 about 3000 books 700 pages. The company has decided to do a preprinted stock on the press. (Header and a footer) Is it fine to add quick dry chemicals (colbalt and quick dry) to the paper and then run it threw the 120. Or should I just leave the preprints to dry out for a couple of days. Im a little worried about what the chemicals will do to the printer.

Last edited:
Well, I'm always lairy about running anything through the photocopier that's been coated with chemicals. Can't be good for it.

Chemicals, high voltage, heat, more chemicals...

yea we did it a little while ago but they didnt dd the drying component's and the dead line only gave enough time for the press to run the pre-prints so I ended putting it threw the machine despite my disagreement and it made the black and white copier a rainbow color copier haha. Good thing the tech and I have bonded he fixed it all free of charge but if it happens this time where getting charged. :( So going to let it sit for three days and hopefully everything will run smooth *knock on printer* :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back