Prepress automation bakeoff

SoggyWinter

Has anyone done a deep dive comparing Enfocus Switch, Ultimate Impostrip, Fiery Jobflow, and maybe others for digital pre-press automation? I'm interested in having some automation for making fixes to customer files like correcting rotation, adding a trim box, bleeds, and assigning to a slitter cutter creaser template (duplo 646) and Fiery settings. What I'm looking for is what product you went with, pricing, ease of implementation, and anything that you've been upset about. thanks!

I got all excited when I saw something about baking!

1706651796260.jpeg

Given what you want to do, Enfocus Pitstop Server is your answer right now. In our product (Good2Go file on-boarding and proofing solution) we license Pitstop for preflight, but I know there are many action lists and other functions that do the majority of what you want. Some of the crease marks and such might be better served by Ultimate or JobFlow, but the adding of bleed, and other PDF manipulations is served best by Pitstop. BTW... you can do it manually with Pitstop Pro, or spend more money and automate these functions with Server.

I hope this is helpful.
Michael

Has anyone done a deep dive comparing Enfocus Switch, Ultimate Impostrip, Fiery Jobflow, and maybe others for digital pre-press automation? I'm interested in having some automation for making fixes to customer files like correcting rotation, adding a trim box, bleeds, and assigning to a slitter cutter creaser template (duplo 646) and Fiery settings. What I'm looking for is what product you went with, pricing, ease of implementation, and anything that you've been upset about. thanks!
Yes, I have done a deep dive.

Today we are using Enfocus Switch as our main workflow tool. Enfocus Switch are using other tools (applications) for doing various tasks. Some of the tools we are using with Switch are: Pitstop Server (PDF handeling and color management), Tilia Griffin (LFP imposing), Enfocus Review (soft proofing), Apogee Prepress (imposing digital and offset), Ghostscript (CLI PDF handeling), ImageMagick (CLI image handeling), GMG Colorproof and several DFE's and RIP's.

Analogy: Enfocus Switch is your workshop, but in thes workshop you need tools that suites your needs. And you need to know how to use the tools to get the result you were aiming for.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back