Prepress production tracking software

Is any one knows the software of prepress team leader can assign jobs for prepress operators and monitor each persons works and productivity through software. Kindly inform me

Is any one knows the software of prepress team leader can assign jobs for prepress operators and monitor each persons works and productivity through software. Kindly inform me
Prinergy comes to mind if it's just press layout-output. All work is logged.
Desktop design software/activities? No.
You have to log the whole OS to capture that - too many complications.
We in the Mac world have been through iterations (30+yrs) of logging software that just caused more problems than it solved.
Of course there was a rumor at one point years ago that Ad0$be was going to offer an OS - probably to solve just that 'problem' as they are all about the bean counting.
But if you are on Windows I'll bet there are logging apps that you could use.
And I'm sure that won't impact productivity at all. (snark)

Any of the many MIS solutions for printers can capture times and allow scheduling of jobs. These are intended to manage the entire printing process from customer order through to delivery, so may be more complex than what you need to manage Prepress only.
If you need simple task management only, rather than a full production management system, you may want to look at Time and Chaos

DesignNBuy's prepress order management software allows production team leaders to assign jobs, monitor progress, and track print job orders. It offers a user-friendly interface for task assignments, real-time job status visibility, and collaboration tools. The software also includes productivity monitoring features to measure performance metrics and optimize efficiency. With DesignNBuy, businesses can streamline prepress operations and achieve greater success in their printing processes.

Great options once an order is in the shop and designed!
I haven't noticed anyone mentioning tracking the design process.
Any takers?

Esko Automation Engine.
Built-in JOB system, MIS integration, Built-in Milestone system, built-in PitStop server and a lot of possibilities to automate prepress processes
in some cases prepress operator may not be necessary, it is possible to fully automate layout, for example, for large format printing.

Esko Automation Engine.
Built-in JOB system, MIS integration, Built-in Milestone system, built-in PitStop server and a lot of possibilities to automate prepress processes
in some cases prepress operator may not be necessary, it is possible to fully automate layout, for example, for large format printing.
"in some cases prepress operator may not be necessary"...that's not a very friendly statement in these parts.

:)))) understand, I'm 29 at this and already want to go work as a trucker or programmer
I came up in the heyday of digital prepress pre Macintosh, so I've seen it all and it has become unskilled labor. I'm only 56 and not near retirement, so it looks pretty bleak for me. Get out while you can!

I came up in the heyday of digital prepress pre Macintosh, so I've seen it all and it has become unskilled labor. I'm only 56 and not near retirement, so it looks pretty bleak for me. Get out while you can!
I started out on a Mac Quadro, and went from film output and analog proofing to single-pass direct UV printing.
but it's kind of hard to leave with a family of five kids.

purely hypothetically, some eco-friendly law could come out prohibiting packaging, for example, packaging only in paper layouts without printing and only a label with the name and qr codes. And online delivery only.
The whole industry of packaging in this country will simply die, as well as manufacturers of hardware, consumables and other things. But it will be good for programmers who will automate the sale and accounting of such products.

Translated with DeepL

I started Scitex CIPC>Scitex Imager>Scitex Prismax>Scitex PS/2>started integrating Macs about the Quadra 800 period...the rest is history.
I've been in management most of my "career" jumping in and out of operator positons here and there for strategic reasons. I've done well for my position, but would not recommend the industry to anyone starting out.

I have 4 boys. Youngest starting his second year in college...I ain't going anywhere now.

purely hypothetically, some eco-friendly law could come out prohibiting packaging, for example, packaging only in paper layouts without printing and only a label with the name and qr codes. And online delivery only.
The whole industry of packaging in this country will simply die, as well as manufacturers of hardware, consumables and other things. But it will be good for programmers who will automate the sale and accounting of such products.

Translated with DeepL
They want to eventually automate trucking too. We'll always need containers and labels and boxes to some degree. That's why I got into folding carton while the gettin' was good 25 years ago. We'll need boxes for as long as I'm around.

I'm with the rest of you. Was the first mac operator hired at a Color Seperator (yeah they don't exist anymore either), but after over 20 years in prepress and prepress automation, I jumped to a vendor. Figured it was a safer option since most of prepress was becoming automated. There are a few positions open on my team if interested... csa.canon.com look for professional services.

I'm with the rest of you. Was the first mac operator hired at a Color Seperator (yeah they don't exist anymore either), but after over 20 years in prepress and prepress automation, I jumped to a vendor. Figured it was a safer option since most of prepress was becoming automated. There are a few positions open on my team if interested... csa.canon.com look for professional services.
What position did you take there, if you don't mind me asking.

What position did you take there, if you don't mind me asking.
I started as a Solutions Analyst. That was 10 years ago. I am now Sr. Director of Professional Services. I run the 77-person team of analysts, developers, advisors across the country. Good prepress people are a very good fit on our team.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back