Preps 6.2 JDF selecting and printing single spot colors

selectset

Registered Users
We are running 4 stations of preps and just upgraded one to 6.2. We print all of our work as jdf to nexus and in 5.3 we were able to turn off colors that we did not want to print. In 6.2 all the color boxes are grayed out and we can not uncheck any unwanted color or be able to just print a spot color plate. Does anybody know if i am doing something wrong in the way i set up 6.2 or is this the way it is with the new version of preps?

I also tried all the other print settings. i.e. printer, postscript and pdf and got the same results.

Thanks

I have heard of other people having the same problems with Preps 6.x in the Nexus workflow. We also have Nexus, and are sticking with Preps 5.3 for now, since it works great.

-Sev

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back