preps 6: 2 spot colour bar

sander

i tried to create a 2 spot color colorbar in illustrator, save it as eps and then copy it into the dupmarks folder to use it in 2 colour job, spot1 and spot 2.

But for some reason preps doesn't recognize the colorbar.
What am i doing wrong?
When i select the standard colorbar and change it to my eps i get ''the height must be greater then zero''

Does anyone have any working 2 color colorbars?

From 5.3.3 experience: you must put both a pdf and an eps of the color bar in the dupe marks folder.

Al

Al,

Is that because you use a JDF workflow with Preps? I use Preps 5.1.5 and I don't have to have a pdf and eps of each colorbar - I only have eps's in my dupe marks folder. Just curious.

-Erik

No, I use a pdf to pdf workflow. It's just that I too had the experience of the bars not even showing up in the bar selection dialog until I put both files in the dupmarks folder.

A cfg file setting?

Al

I just don't understand how preps can be this flakey now in 2013 with PDF workflows. It's as if it's gotten to the point we are better off manually imposing shit in InDesign. Seriously. I'm starting to explore other Acrobat imposition plugins because Preps sucks so bad now. Tell me I'm wrong. Someone convince me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back