Preps Colorbar will not resize

PaulK

I'm hoping a Preps guru might be able to shed some light on this one. I am running Preps 5.3.1 on a 10.4.11 Mac. When I click on a colorbar that's been placed on the imposition, I go to get info and it shows me that the length of the colorbar is 1.9" which is strange because looking at it on the screen and when I print it's 24 inches long. Whenever I click get info, it shows me 1.9" and it won't let me change the width or height. If I click "ok" from that window it shrinks the colorbar down to 1.9".

When i go to the colorbar.eps file, and open it, it is indeed 1.9" but how is it that it is displayed and prints in the 24" size if I don't try to modify it? I'm really hoping someone has seen this before, because I'm running out of ideas on how to modify the size.

Thanks in advance!

Paul,

I am not sure if this will help, but we create all of our color bars to size for each different width of sheet we have in Illustrator. Then import them without any resizing. Only positioning it in Preps. We have not had any issues with this process.

You want to make sure the colorbar is in your Dupe Marks folder. This is how the colorbar gets repeated for 24 inches.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back