PREPS - pdf page number mark

redlik

Hi,
I'm trying to place a mark that will print pdf page number next to the page on a layout. The job is 192 book, perfect bound with 16p sections and the finishing company wants us to place that kind of marker, as the actual page numbers on the artwork are not in such order (there're roman, then numbers etc.).
Is this doable in preps, used alone without prinergy?

Something like the layout report gives you...

Thnx
R.

Hi DCurry
Thnx for the reply, I've started using preps couple of months ago only so still I'd ask silly questions: how do I anchor the mark to a page(s) on a sheet? I've created one and anchored to page foot but it disappeared, probably jumped somewhere I don't see it :-(((
R.

Is it being hidden by the page art itself, perhaps? Maybe you need to offset it farther from the trim? To be completely honest, I've not had occasion to actually use this so I don't have a working one to refer to. Maybe someone else does something similar and can chime in?

I got it eventually, I didn't have my folio's applied, thus no page numbers were present. All works now, lightning fast comparing to manual imposition in InDesign :))
Cheers
R.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back