Press Trouble Shooting

I've sent quite a few joggers/floor helps off to the press manager in search of the elusive paper stretcher.

That thing pays for itself! =)

Also, little known fact: Ink gets hot when you mix it. Here, put your hand near it to see!

I've sent quite a few joggers/floor helps off to the press manager in search of the elusive paper stretcher.

That thing pays for itself! =)

Also, little known fact: Ink gets hot when you mix it. Here, put your hand near it to see!

We would send newbies to get a jar of halftone dots.

We would get the apprentice to take the floorjack for a certificate of fitness to a garage that was in on the joke and about a mile or 5 down the road.

It's not hostility

It's not hostility

So why all the hostility? Show your Press-room some love, after all they still are the bread and butter in every Print house I have ever been in, and I am yet to meet a pre-press person with the pay of a good Press operator.

This is not hostility it is pure affection :) We would not spend so much time in this forum if we were hostile (oh there is no kiss emocon here :*)

Haha he didn't blame prepress…*yet :p

Wait....it wasn't prepress's fault in the first place? Maybe that's the problem, didn't yell at prepress FIRST so that they could figure what's wrong while everyone is pointing fingers at them.

OO!! Halftone dots! I'll have to remember that! We use the paper stretcher frequently! We sent the latest newbie down to the basement to look for it. We sprawled over 4 spaces in our building....there isn't a basement. ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back