Press Trouble Shooting

Cory Smith

076-Press-Trouble-Shooting.png

This would be funny if it weren't true. But it's true so it can't be funny - which is pretty funny. LOL

FL

In all seriousness I have seen this before. It's the Fetzer Valve.

Maybe you all need a refresher course. Here's what you need to do, "prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And (you are) gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."

In all seriousness I have seen this before. It's the Fetzer Valve.

Maybe you all need a refresher course. Here's what you need to do, "prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And (you are) gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."

it's all ball bearings now days. ;)

What usually happens is the pressman over phlogisticates the press. They never seem to learn that too much phlogiston is going to cause problems eventually.

j

So why all the hostility? Show your Press-room some love, after all they still are the bread and butter in every Print house I have ever been in, and I am yet to meet a pre-press person with the pay of a good Press operator.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back