presstek dimension 400 rip

ctptech

Hi guys. Ive been asked by a supplier if i could help calibrate a presstek dimension 400 . im a ctp tech but never used this machine. if its harlequin im ok. do any of you guys have the info on adjusting expo and optics cleaning please. thanks in advance

Hi ctptech,

I worked for Mitsubishi International for a long time and for a few years they also sold Presstek CTP systems here in Germany. As a prepress software technician, I can at least tell you that much. Presstek always delivered its Dimension CTP systems with a Harlequin RIP, plus a separate Windows XP / Windows Server PC with a TIFF shooter and the control software for the CTP platesetter. The focus is set here and internal exposure control jobs are started. I can remember a test job that should be exposed as homogeneously as possible over the entire width of the plate. If laser diodes are broken or faulty, vertical stripes appear at right angles to the direction of rotation of the drum in this test job.
I hope it helps you.

Hi ctptech,

I worked for Mitsubishi International for a long time and for a few years they also sold Presstek CTP systems here in Germany. As a prepress software technician, I can at least tell you that much. Presstek always delivered its Dimension CTP systems with a Harlequin RIP, plus a separate Windows XP / Windows Server PC with a TIFF shooter and the control software for the CTP platesetter. The focus is set here and internal exposure control jobs are started. I can remember a test job that should be exposed as homogeneously as possible over the entire width of the plate. If laser diodes are broken or faulty, vertical stripes appear at right angles to the direction of rotation of the drum in this test job.
I hope it helps you.
Thanks Martin. I’m not sure if they are using harlequin . I met a Martin at Mitsubishi in Düsseldorf working on the vdp with Wolfgang Heinrich.

I worked for a company that purchased a used Dimension 400 and used it for over 10 years. One of the big drawbacks was that the lasers would need to be balanced out on a fairly regular basis. I believe there were 16 banks of lasers. Once the lasers were out of balance, you could start to see laser bands going vertically across the plate from left to right. It was especially noticeable on jobs that had screen tints of a particular color. This progressively got worse so we ended up going to a Screen CTP. I mention this because part of the calibration process involves balance out the lasers. I attached an example image of a test plate.

Attachments

• Dimension_400_Banding.jpg
    Dimension_400_Banding.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 201
Thanks Martin. I’m not sure if they are using harlequin . I met a Martin at Mitsubishi in Düsseldorf working on the vdp with Wolfgang Heinrich.
That was me. :) . The support office and showroom was closed a couple of years ago. The polyester plate business was sold to the Dutch dealer Atece. Wolfgang retired then and I startet my own business.

That was me. :) . The support office and showroom was closed a couple of years ago. The polyester plate business was sold to the Dutch dealer Atece. Wolfgang retired then and I startet my own business.
Thought it was you. Good to know your ok. I worked for apex but they shut down and Chris the guy I was with retired . What happened to Guido , do you still see him

I worked for a company that purchased a used Dimension 400 and used it for over 10 years. One of the big drawbacks was that the lasers would need to be balanced out on a fairly regular basis. I believe there were 16 banks of lasers. Once the lasers were out of balance, you could start to see laser bands going vertically across the plate from left to right. It was especially noticeable on jobs that had screen tints of a particular color. This progressively got worse so we ended up going to a Screen CTP. I mention this because part of the calibration process involves balance out the lasers. I attached an example image of a test plate.
The issue we have is that the plates are not been supplied by presstek any more so he’s had Fuji in to try their plates but they are wearing on the press after 200 sheets so he asked me to adjust the exposure . How do you balance the lasers . Is it not self compensating like the 4300 or like the Cron where you adjust the overall power . Thanks

I don't recall the exact procedure for rebalancing the lasers, but somewhere in the software you can plug in numbers to increase or decrease the laser intensity for each. There are 64 lasers in all that can be adjusted. Hopefully you have found a service manual that can help you with this.

I don't recall the exact procedure for rebalancing the lasers, but somewhere in the software you can plug in numbers to increase or decrease the laser intensity for each. There are 64 lasers in all that can be adjusted. Hopefully you have found a service manual that can help you with this.
there seems to be a shortage of service manuals. ive searched the web and not even one to buy

Hi Sir:

I have Service manual x presstek dimensión 400, AND More.

Send me His email.

Blessing

[email protected]
Mobile WhatsApp:+505 88611441
Managua Nicaragua Central América

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back