Price of Fuji plates?

casares

Hello everyone,

I'm the manager of a middle-sized printshop in the Czech rep. We have a thermal screen 4300 ctp and use Fuji B2 605x745mm/0.30�*(brillia positive LH-PCE) for our new 5-colour Manroland 205 press. Please could you tell me what is approximately the normal price of a Fuji plate of this size (hope you understand the millimeters) - we use cca 1000/year? There is only one supplier in the Czech rep. and I'm afraid he's taking advantage of it :)

Another thing: we started with chinese plates which we were very very unsatisfied with (we only could achieve 50% of the official performance of the ctp). Then we switched to Fuji plates which are excelent sofar but are quite pricy. Are there any other plates achieving the same quality standard as the fuji ones?

I'm really sorry for this relative basic questions but we've been having the ctp technology only for 2 monts now (before we had the classic film workflow) and everything is new for us.

Thank you very much for you help,

Lukas

Last edited:
Screen and AGFA use the same machine with different names.
Do you know something about AZURA and Accento?

no...

no...

No I don't know much about them. Aren't they procesless (not sure about the right word in english)? Since we use the classic chemistry technology, change would involve some investments no?

Check out Kodak Electra Excel HRL or HRO through your local dealer (Amos - details in your private mail). They're essentially drop-in compatible with LH-PCE. At a minimum Amos can give you a price to compare to.

Kevin.

No extra investment would need to be made if you went to processorless. Unless you went with Agfa.
Agfa require a wash and gumming solution unit, whereas Fuji and Kodak are true processorless. But going with Kodak will require your 4300 CTP to only work at 1/2 speed, whereas FUJI's Pro-T plates have the benefitz of processorless and full speed.
We have used the Fuji Pro-T plates for over a year now and have had excellent run lengths and results plus not having to deal with chemistry.

Suggest you check Xingraphics FIT Xtra plate, it runs 1000rpm at 90% energy on PR4300, give you highest productivity of your device

Last edited:
Xingraphics also offer a thermal plate product called Fit Xtra -It can be tested through the Fuji PCE chemistry and we have an established dealer in Czech - Xingraphics are chinese plate manufacture who offer European quality products and have European warehouse facilities and European based technical support.

And are looking for dealers/partners in various regions across Europe

How about your kind of developer? DV-F2 and replenisher? I have heard of best results using them...

price

price

Apart from all technical consideration in Central/Eastern Europe you should buy at 7.5-8.5 euro/sqm, volume over 5-700 sqm/month. Which are your actual prices?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back