Prinergy–RBA Archive by due date?

TJ-421

I'd like to automate archiving for the digital print side of my shop, as our workflow doesn't bring us back to Prinergy at the time of releasing a job to production (where we'd have an opportunity to start a timer linked to the "completed" job status). So there's a thing I feel I should be able to do, but can't seem to figure out how:

Is there a way (we're on Prinergy Workshop 6.1.2) I can link job archiving to the due date property set when creating a job?

I attached a screenshot of our current setup; can I replace the manual trigger with the job created event, linked to a timer module that reads in the final output due date (as dropped in at the bottom)?

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 3.54.07 PM.png.jpg

Thanks, all!

–TJ

I don't think there is a defined action in RBA to read the due date. I think if you are setting the due date when you create the job you can fire the RBA off when the job is created and have it set the due date to the same date that was defined when you created the job and then have it do the archiving based off of that date as shown here:

rba.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back