Prinergy 4.1.2.6 connectivity with a Fiery E100 Colorserver version 1.0

TRYYZ

Has anyone else had issues connecting this Prinergy version with the Fiery driving a KM6000 Bizhub,
Prinergy can see the shared "hot folders" and "virtual printers" but when you hit the send buttons through
a process plan to either or the pages go into oblivion, nothing shows up in any Print queue. KM told us
we have to upgrade to Prinergy 5.2 minimum. What makes it that proprietary that it won't process pdfs
from Prinergy 4.1.2.6, I can print directly from a Mac, I'm under the impression Prinergy can pretty much
output to anything. KM is talking about the need for some JDF plugins, I am like ...Pardon !!! this is just another
printer.

For Prinergy to be able to send files directly to EFI Fiery, you will need to have at least Prinergy 5.2 that supports a managed connection with the Fiery DFE. And also you will need to have a JDF ticket creator that will convert EFI virtual printer to a JDF template that Prinergy can use. This is for direct connectivity.

If you are outputting PDF files to a Fiery hot folder, all you need is the shared hotfolder name so Prinergy can use either Loose Page or an Imposition Output process template to send either vector or raster PDF to the hot folder.

Prinergy 4.1 is not able to use the Fiery virtual printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back