Prinergy Evo/Magnus Question

lostmind

Hi all,

Just a quick question....I moved over from Rampage to a shop using Prinergy Evo and a Magnus 400 which at the time I didn't realize was using Stochastic screening. It also uses chemical-free plates.

Being a newbie to this system, I naturally asked "How do you calibrate your plates?"

The response I got was... "Calibrate? It's not a copier!"

Am I asking a dumb question or missing something here? Just how do you calibrate a system like that? There's got to be some kind of control of your workflow right? Being new here, I just kept my mouth shut and smiled but would like to know from you guys....

I think you're looking to linearize the plates first, then building plate/press curves using Harmony.

Being a newbie to this system, I naturally asked "How do you calibrate your plates?"

Am I asking a dumb question or missing something here? Just how do you calibrate a system like that?

You don't calibrate that system. Calibration is done during CtP manufacturing and CtP/plate installation in the shop by the vendor's engineers.

You monitor the system. You build dot gain compensation curves as required. But you don't calibrate it.

You do not need to linearize the output in order to build dot gain compensation curves.

best, gordon p

Hi all,

Just a quick question....I moved over from Rampage to a shop using Prinergy Evo and a Magnus 400 which at the time I didn't realize was using Stochastic screening. It also uses chemical-free plates.

Am I asking a dumb question or missing something here? Just how do you calibrate a system like that? There's got to be some kind of control of your workflow right? Being new here, I just kept my mouth shut and smiled but would like to know from you guys....

Both your replies are Spot On. You use Harmony curves for dot gain compensation. You will need the kodak application guy to work with you and the pressman to build these curves. Good luck!:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back