Print & Design MIS

kristin

Hello,

I was hoping for some advice and perhaps direction with regards to the vast number of print & design MIS's available.

Our business currently contains a complete design studio, inhouse digital production and a significant portion of staff specifically dedicated to the management of outsourced print work and product. The current software was developed internally and is proving insufficient to meet our growing needs. I have been looking around for a package that includes adequate design and print management features however have been struggling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou

Look into MetaCommunications Workgroups system at Workgroups 2010 - Collaborative Workflow & Productivity Suite | MetaCommunications. It's a very flexible, modular system that works well for creative groups. My company is a dealer for Meta and we've sold it to a number of customers over the last decade. They've all had good things to say about the system and Meta's support. They've also integrated it with some of our other products like workflow systems and online soft proofing.

hi

hi

i have seen a few and still haven't decided, there is a nice one i saw in florida called notforprofitprinting.com, maybe you should check with them and find out who did their website, let me know if it helped and if you got more details

good luck

Re: Print & Design MIS

Hello,

I was hoping for some advice and perhaps direction with regards to the vast number of print & design MIS's available.

Our business currently contains a complete design studio, inhouse digital production and a significant portion of staff specifically dedicated to the management of outsourced print work and product. The current software was developed internally and is proving insufficient to meet our growing needs. I have been looking around for a package that includes adequate design and print management features however have been struggling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou

Look into MetaCommunications Workgroups system at Workgroups 2010 - Collaborative Workflow & Productivity Suite | MetaCommunications. It's a very flexible, modular system that works well for creative groups. My company is a dealer for Meta and we've sold it to a number of customers over the last decade. They've all had good things to say about the system and Meta's support. They've also integrated it with some of our other products like workflow systems and online soft proofing.

Thanks for the endorsement, Eric!

Kristin, I sent you a private message with some more details...but aside from the link to Workgroups 2010, we also have some forums that anyone can join to ask questions and discuss Workgroups, needs, etc... with other users and MetaCommunications own internal experts.

-Michael

Michael O'Neill
MetaCommunications

Thank-you everyone

Eric: Thank-you for the recommendation. I had been looking a Workgroups but was unaware of print any print functionally

Michael: I will be in touch shortly to find out more info on Workgroups

With regards to "notforprofitprinting.com" to looks like they are using Web-to-print, where as we are looking for a system to underpin our design studio and production departement

Hi Kristen,
We have been developing DataManager for over 17 years. It's a complete Infrastructure to handle both Asset and Information management, and has been used by some of the largest Graphic Arts company in the world. We have a very modular system that can easily be scaled to your exact requirements. We have recently released DigitalExpress, which provides customers, the simplest, easiest way to upload files, and remote employees, and anybody else that you wish to outsource work to manage and track their portions of the job, while working with your Graphic Files. You can review DigitalExpress at Digital Express, or contact CSS Group at 1-800-448-8432

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back